Burberry Love ❤


Introducing Burberry makeup into my life turned out to be both a blessing and a curse. It's a blessing in the obvious sense because the two products I started off with (<< see what I did there? "started off with?"...which means I'm definitely going back for more sometime!) are amazing, and a curse because the price point makes it more of a splurge brand for me. Guess I'll just have to stop buying lunch in order to save up for some blush! Hahaha, just kidding, just kidding....or am I? 

Burberry Sheer Eye Shadow in No.22 Pale Barley (left) and No.06 Almond

Gorgeous.

No.22 Pale Barley, a pale taupe-brown with light, golden shimmer

Pale Barley is a gorgeous all-over lid shade. It's a bit too pale for me to use just on it's own because I like to have at least a little crease definition, which is why I like to pair it with Almond, but I'd imagine it'd also be a lovely eyeshadow for the "one-eyeshadow-look" on ladies with more pronounced creases.

No.22 Almond, a simple, matte, medium brown

I chose Almond even though it might seem painfully boring and dupe-able because I knew it would be a staple in my collection....and I was right. It's perfect in the crease, especially when you already have a shimmery shade all over the lid (cough, cough, Pale Barley), and you want some definition but a similar, but lighter, shade like MAC Wedge just isn't cuttin' it.


L to R:
MAC Patina
Burberry Pale Barley
Burberry Almond
MAC Wedge
Urban Decay Naked

Pale Barley is lighter and less brown compared to Patina, although the sheen and tones are very similar. Almond is darker and browner then Wedge, and Wedge is also a touch peachier. Naked is significantly lighter and cooler than Almond.

Pale Barley patted on all over the lid with a MAC 239, and Almond applied to and blended out from the crease with a MAC 224. That's it!



Face:
Chantecaille Just Skin Tinted Moisturizer in Bliss
Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer in Ivory
Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage Concealer in SC-3
Laura Mercier Translucent Setting Powder
Benefit Hoola
MAC Blush in Well Dressed

Eyes:
TFSI
Burberry e/s in Pale Barley
Burberry e/s in Almond
Prestige My Blackest Lashes Mascara

Lips:
Essence l/g in My Favorite Milkshake

Ironically, and as I'm sure you can tell from the swatches, Burberry Sheer Eyeshadows are, in fact, not sheer in all. They're actually quite buttery and pigmented. I've worn them for 16 hours and no joke, my eye makeup looked exactly the same at the end of the day as it did when I first applied it. Yes, I used it over TFSI on these occasions, but I'll be honest - I've used TFSI under plenty of different eyeshadows from different brands and don't always get the same result (I much prefer UDPP over TFSI), so I'm reluctant to believe that the amazing wear time is completely due to the TFSI. In fact, I'd say it's probably mostly due to the Burberry eye shadows being amazing. Seriously. These eyeshadows cost $29 each and contain 0.088oz of product....hey, I said it was splurge, remember?

So, moral of the story is that I'm in love with these eyeshadows....and with the brand. *wallet runs away*

If you have any Burberry product recommendations for me, I'm all ears! I'm most eager to try their blush range or expand my eyeshadow collection :)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dating site Ukraine

Swagbucks

Get Your permanent make-up is not sick