Summer Bronzers and Bronzer Brushes.


I'm a believer in bronzer year-around, but I typically reach for more matte bronzers in the colder months and bronzers with shimmer or sheen in the summer. My Dior Matte Bronzer in 002 Honey Matte (I think it's discontinued?) is still my holy grail bronzer, but now that it's finally starting to get warm where I live, I've started using bronzers like NARS Laguna more and Dior Honey Matte less.
Cue mascara smudged on eyelid shot!

My go-to bronzer brush up until about a week ago was the Sigma F50 Duo Fibre brush, a dupe of the MAC 187. I know a lot of people don't reach for duo fibres for bronzer, but I find that it gives the perfect, light dusting of powder on top of the skin that can almost never look packed on, simply because the brush hairs are so separated and sparse. I find that when I use it, it takes barely any blending at all and harsh lines are non-existent. However, last week, I picked up the Real Techniques Powder Brush and I'm really starting to like it as well!

The Real Techniques Powder Brush is bigger than the Sigma F50, and the brush hairs are much, much more densely packed. With this brush, it is possible to pack on too much bronzer onto the brush and as a result, feel like you're stamping the bronzer onto your cheek before having to blend it all out. However, although it is fairly dense, it isn't too dense, and blending is still quite easy to do.
Sigma F50 Duo Fibre (left) and Real Techniques Powder Brush


Sigma F50 Duo Fibre (left) and Real Techniques Powder Brush

I can't say for sure which I like better for bronzer, to be completely honest. I like both of them, but for different reasons. I reach for the Sigma F50 more when I want a quick and light, no-fuss bronzer application, and I reach for the Real Techniques brush more when I want a slightly heavier bronzer application. 

The two bronzers I've been reaching for more lately now that it's summer are NARS Laguna and Tarte Park Avenue Princess, especially the Tarte.
NARS Laguna (left) and Tarte Park Avenue Princess

NARS Laguna (left) and Tarte Park Avenue Princess

Tarte Park Avenue Princess is like the more orangey cousin of NARS Laguna, and it also packs more sheen. Keep in mind, the swatch above is quite a heavy swatch, and if you use a brush like a duo fibre to apply it, it doesn't come out nearly as metallic or orangey on the skin!

Today, I used my Real Techniques Powder Brush to apply Tarte Park Avenue Princess, and I used my trusty Dior Aurora bronzer as blush :) On my lips, I'm wearing the L'Oreal Colour Riche Colour Caresse lipstick in Blushing Sequin.

What's your favorite brush to use for bronzer?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dating site Ukraine

Swagbucks

Get Your permanent make-up is not sick