The Little Red Riding Hood


So if you follow me on Instagram (@willworkformakeup), you'll already know that I dressed up as The Little Red Riding Hood for a Halloween party this past weekend! I really like how my makeup turned out, especially since I don't typically have many occasions to wear a smokey eye and fake lashes and bright red lips, so I thought I'd post about it :)

I can't really say the makeup is super Red Riding Hood-like, especially since she's supposed to be a little girl, and I don't know about you, but I don't know that many little girls who frolick through the woods to go visit their grandmothers with a face full of makeup on....grandmother would definitely disapprove ;) Obviously, this is just the more grown-up take on it all.


For my face, I used my usual base, which lately has been a mixture of Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum in #53 and Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation in 3.0. I used Revlon PhotoReady Concealer in Light/Medium on blemishes and Maybelline DreamLumi Touch Highlighting Concealer in Radiant under my eyes. I powdered with Laura Mercier Translucent Setting Powder.

On my cheeks, I contoured my cheeks and a tiny bit down the sides of my nose with my newly acquired Chanel Notorious Sculpting Veil. I definitely want to pop up a post on this at some point, because I really think it's an awesome product. A bit scary and difficult to use, but awesome nonetheless, if you can make it work. The blush I used was MAC Salsarose, and I highlighted my cheekbones and down the bridge of my nose with Dior Amber Diamond.

I used my Clinique Brush-On Cream Liner in Black as a base on my eyelids. I then used the red shade in the Sleek Sparkle Palette all over the black base, the burgundy shade in the Sleek Storm Palette in the crease and on my lower lashline, and a bit of the matte black in the palette to darken up my outer v. To highlight my inner corner, I used Bare Minerals Nude Beach. I turned to my Clinique liner again to draw a thick, winged line, and I had Milani Liquif'Eye Liner in Black on my waterline. I topped off my lashes with Eyeko Skinny Mascara and a random pair of falsies that my mom gave me (not sure of the brand :-/ ).

On my lips, I just have on Maybelline SuperStay 10Hr Stain Gloss in Ruby Indulgence, which is actually a bright red and not the pinky-red shade my bathroom lighting made it look like in the top photo. 


For my outfit, I wore a red corset (can't really tell in this photo), a cutesy white skirt, brown combat boots (she's trekking through the woods, right?) and of course, my red hood that I basically made by draping 2 yards of red fabric around myself and securing everything into place with safety pins :) I also had a little basket that I forgot to hold for the photo.


How did you celebrate/will you be celebrating Halloween?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dating site Ukraine

Swagbucks

Get Your permanent make-up is not sick