Luminous Skin with Physician's Formula.

My skin is naturally luminous (<<< euphemism for "oily"), but in the colder months like what we've been experiencing here in the Pacific Northwest, my skin still needs quite a bit of help from creams, serums, highlighters, and setting sprays to perk it up from its dull state. I normally rely on a few liberal spritzes of MAC Fix+ to make my powdered skin look unpowdered and bring the luminosity and life back into my complexion. However, I've recently fallen in love with a new addition to my collection (a powder (!)) that I feel has given me comparable results and I. LOVE. IT.

Some of the products I've been using lately to achieve the "luminous skin" look:
Physician's Formula Happy Booster Blush in Warm
Physician's Formula Happy Booster Powder in Translucent
NARS Bronzer in Laguna (dusted on lightly with a MAC 187)
Maybelline DreamLumi Touch Highlighting Concealer in Ivory (under eyes)
Chantecaille Just Skin Tinted Moisturizer in Bliss (review here)

This "Fix+ in powder form" product that I'm referring to is the Physician's Formula Happy Booster Powder in Translucent. Despite its name, it's not exactly translucent. It doesn't deposit any color, but it has a soft shimmer throughout it that just seems to be able to perk up a dull complexion like no other. The shimmer is so soft that although it is noticeable is the swatch seen later in this post, it doesn't actually translate as shimmer or sparkle on the skin. It really just adds luminosity, for lack of a better word. Like I said earlier, it makes my skin look like I've just sprayed a bit of Fix+ on it, despite it being a powder product, because it blends into the skin so naturally to give the most beautiful finishing touch to your face makeup.

I heard about the Physician's Formula Happy Booster line quite a while ago, but as drugstore brands and products often fail to excite me in the same way MAC/NARS/Chanel launches do, I initially skipped over them without giving them a second thought. Now, after deciding to pick up two products from the line on a whim a little while ago, I can say that I'm very, very impressed.



The other Physician's Formula product I picked up was the blush in the shade Warm, thanks to Essiebutton's recommendation. Swirled together, it's a peachy coral shade with soft shimmer - in other words, not terribly different from many of the other blushes that make up my blush army, but it's still a beautiful blush nonetheless. It's one of those shades that I feel would be extremely flattering on most skin tones and a perfect option for spring and summer!

Physician's Formula Blush in Warmth (left) and Translucent Powder


Picture! 

Skin pictures are always the hardest to photograph :-/

If you'd like to hear my thoughts on the Maybelline DreamLumi Touch Highlighting Concealer (I'm thinking I could maybe do a post on how I cover up my dark circles and include a joint Armani Master Corrector/Maybelline DreamLumi Concealer review), let me know!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dating site Ukraine

Swagbucks

Get Your permanent make-up is not sick