A little bit of everything.


Mini haul alert!


If you guys read my last post, you'll know that I fell head over heels in love with the new Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains in the shade Rendezvous, so it should come as no surprise that I picked up a few more shades! I went with Cherish, a bubblegum pink, and Darling, a wearable lilac shade.



Cherish (left) and Darling

Cherish has medium pigmentation but is very buildable, much like Rendezvous, while Darling is a bit more on the sheerer side and can only really be built up to medium-ish coverage on the lips. On my pigmented lips, the rosiness of my lips still peeks through. And the stain that I'm left with from Darling seems to be pinker than the initial color immediately after application, almost as if the lilac tones have worn off. Still very pretty though! And just like Rendezvous, these are really moisturizing and comfortable to wear, and the stain looks very natural and not flakey or dry at all :)


Ever since I picked up my first two Burberry eyeshadows in the shades Pale Barley and Almond and become more or less obsessed with them, I've been wanting another. The choice of shade was an easy one, as it's a much hyped about eyeshadow, and Midnight Brown was quickly added to my collection. It's a gorgeous, rich brown with subtle, illuminating shimmer throughout. The texture and formula is soft, but never powdery, and it applies ridiculously smoothly and has extraordinary staying power for a powder shadow, much like Pale Barley and Almond. I was not disappointed in the least. I'm thinking Rosewood may have to be next....thoughts??


Midnight Brown


I actually purchased the Smashbox Limitless 15 Hour Wear Cream Shadow in the shade Topaz a few weeks ago, but I figured I'd include it in this post since I haven't blogged about it yet. It's basically the Smashbox version of the MAC Paint Pots. Topaz is a beige with a touch of taupe, and it has a metallic finish. When I apply it to my lids using my ring finger and blend it out, the color appears much sheerer than what is shown in the swatch below. I find that it has better lasting power than MAC Paint Pots, although the consistency and the way it applies is pretty much exactly the same. I really like it so far, and I've been enjoying using it as an all-over lid shade and as a base - it looks especially nice when used under Burberry Pale Barley!


Topaz

Topaz applied on the lid as a base under Pale Barley


I recently asked people on twitter what foundation primer they suggested for oily skin, and MrsLisaP recommended the Laura Mercier Foundation Primer Oil Free to me. After getting a sample from Sephora and giving it a try, I found that basically, it was awesome. I've only used it a handful of times, so I can't give it a true review just yet, but on the days when I've used it just on my t-zone, as the rest of my face is suffering from abnormal dry patches at the moment, it has helped my foundation to last much longer without breaking down due to the oils on my face, and I can go significantly longer without needing to blot. I obviously then ran out and purchased it :) Win!

And when I purchased the primer, I noticed that Sephora actually had a decent 100-point perk for once, and it's something that I've been curious to try for a while now too, so I'm extra excited! What do you guys think of Origins GinZing Eye Cream?


Have you guys tried any of these products? If so, how do you like them?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dating site Ukraine

Swagbucks

Get Your permanent make-up is not sick