Maybelline DreamLumi Touch Highlighting Concealer.


I'd been loyal to my Dior Sculpt Lifting Smoothing Concealer for a long time because I could always count on it to flawlessly mask my under-eye darkness, but when I ran out and was reminded of its $35 price tag, I was suddenly open to trying something new (and a bit cheaper), as I figured I could always go back to my trusty Dior if it didn't turn out well. The candidate that caught my eye the most while I was browsing the aisles of Ulta one day was Maybelline DreamLumi Touch Highlighting Concealer.



I have it in the shade Ivory, and I believe it cost about $8 at Ulta. It comes in a twist-pen packaging with a brush-tip applicator. When you twist the bottom of the pen, it releases the liquid concealer into the middle of the brush. I find that 3 clicks is perfect for covering both of my under-eyes.

Once the product is in the brush, I apply the concealer to my under-eye area directly from the brush. I then follow-up with my Illamasqua Blending Brush 2 to blend it all in, and lately, I've been setting it with Bare Minerals Well Rested.

BEFORE


AFTER

The above "After photo shows the concealer blended in by itself. It hasn't been set with Well Rested or any other powder yet. The concealer has medium to full coverage, but definitely not completely full. I like to use it on its own during the day, but if I'm going out at night, I typically use my Armani Master Corrector underneath this concealer in order to cancel out the darkness around my eyes completely.

I do find it to be quite brightening, but that may also be due to the fact that it's about one shade lighter than my skin tone. I usually wouldn't do that for a concealer I'm using on blemishes or redness, but for under-eye circles, I like to go just a touch lighter as long as it can still look natural. To be honest, assuming you buy a shade that matches your skin color exactly, I'm not sure what is supposed to be "highlighting" about this concealer.

I do experience a bit of creasing with this concealer (and every other concealer I've ever used under my eyes) when used on its own, but I find that setting it with a powder really helps it to last all day with very minimal creasing, even on my oily skin. The concealer itself isn't greasy at all, it feels light on the skin, and it blends with ease.

I would definitely recommend this concealer if you're looking for an affordable, drugstore option for use on under-eye circles/darkness. I'm often underwhelmed by the concealer choices available at the drugstore, which is why I usually stick to higher-end ones, but I was pleasantly surprised by the coverage, lasting power, and blendability of the DreamLumi concealer. If I absolutely had to choose, I'd still go for the Dior Sculpt Lifting Smoothing Concealer for my under-eye area, but I definitely don't mind using this one up at all, especially when it costs less than 1/4 of the price!

I hope this review was helpful!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dating site Ukraine

Swagbucks

Get Your permanent make-up is not sick