Some Old...Some New...I'm Loving Them All.


Hi, everyone! School has been crazy busy but I haven't posted in such a long time and I've accumulated so many new, amazing products that I had to share it with you! I'll have a short break from school in about a week, so you can definitely be expecting a ton of new posts towards the middle of May through June :D


New blush loves:
Clockwise from bottom left:
NARS Sin
MAC Full of Joy
Revlon Coral Reef
Illamasqua Rude
Illamasqua Lies
Revlon Flushed

I got Sin during the last Sephora VIB sale and I love it! I knew it kind of had a cult following, and now I know why! I could care less that it's more of a fall shade, and I love that it doesn't look nearly as scary and purpley when worn as it does when swatched. It's one of those blushes that you really have to try on to appreciate its gorgeousness.

Full of Joy was released with some MAC collection recently (I can't remember nor does it really matter), and it's one of those you either love it or hate it kind of blushes, you know what I mean? It's an extremely cool-toned, pale, lilacy-pink blush that in theory, is not really suited for warmer skin tones like mine, and yet, I can't get enough of it. 

Flushed and Coral Reef are part of Revlon's new Photoready Cream Blush line, and they're both gorgeous. There was also a peachy shade that I didn't pick up because it looked like every other generic peach blush in my collection: pretty, but not anything special. Just my opinion, of course! These are both cream-to-powder formulas that are pretty easy to blend. I've used them with my fingers and with the Real Techniques Expert Face brush.

Lies and Rude were snatched up by me as soon as I noticed that Sephora had stocked the whole Illamasqua line! Lies is a funny little thing because it look like a medium pink in the pan (I legitimately thought I had gotten the wrong blush), but as soon as you rub off the top layer, it exposes the true color, which is an icy pink. Both are easy peasy to blend and have a dewy, but not greasy, finish. Love!

L to R:
Sin
Full of Joy
Flushed
Coral Reef
Lies
Rude

New things I've been wearing on my lips:
L to R:
Revlon Colorburst Lipgloss in Bellini
MAC Razzlerdazzler
MAC Costa Chic
MAC Lipglass in Impassioned

Bellini is part of Revlon's summer collection (not sure if it'll be permanent as well), and it is gorgeous. It's a peachy nude but not too, too nude. It's a great gloss for layering over bright lipsticks too.

Razzlerdazzler and Costa Chic are two new additions to my MAC lipstick collection, and they're both gorgeous shades for spring and summer. I'm particularly fond of Costa Chic :)

I knew I had to get my hands on Impassioned lipglass as soon as it was released, seeing as how its lipstick counterpart is one of my favorite lipsticks OF. ALL. TIME. As expected, I hate the lipglass formula with a passion, but the color is undeniably beautiful and unique.

L to R:
Revlon Colorburst Lipgloss in Bellini
MAC Razzlerdazzler
MAC Costa Chic
MAC Lipglass in Impassioned

On my face and eyes:
Clockwise from top left:
Laura Mercier Mineral Powder in Real Sand
Bare Mineral Well Rested
NYX Blush in Taupe
YSL Gel Liner in Bronze Black
Essence Stay All Day Cream Eyeshadow in Glammy Goes To...

I finally gave in and purchased the Laura Mercier Mineral Powder after hearing raves all over the internet, specifically from The Persianbabe and Essiebutton. Coming from someone who used Bare Minerals for a few years straight before learning about the joys of trying new things, I would definitely say I much prefer the Laura Mercier version to Bare Minerals.

Setting my under-eye concealer is a must, and doing so with a brightening powder is even better! I recently went back to using Well Rested after using up all of the powder in my Sonia Kashuk Hidden Agenda Concealer Palette, and I'd forgotten how amazing this stuff was.

Taupe was bought simply because Estee uses it and she has amazing cheekbones. I would also like to have amazing cheekbones. I normally like using Benefit Hoola for contour, but Taupe seems to be a slightly better option for my paler than pale skin tone right now. Like Hoola, Taupe is also matte and cool-toned but is lighter than Hoola and thus, more suited towards paler complexions.

I had been on the hunt for a colored gel liner...something to use when my eyes need a bit more of a pop, you know? Bronze Black is perfect for that, especially if you have brown eyes like me. The name is incredibly misleading however, as it's actually a shimmery olive green shade. It glides on with ease and lasts all day. Big thanks to Julie for posting about it!

Last, but not least, is the cheapest (in price, not quality!) of the bunch, and it is Essence Stay All Day Cream Eyeshadow in Glammy Goes To... It's a metallic, brown-taupe shade with staying power that gives MAC Paint Pots and MUFE Aqua Creams a run for their money. And when it costs something like $2, you can't really go wrong. You really can't.

L to R:
Glammy Goes To...
Bronze Black
Taupe


I'm sorry that I've been a bit behind on emails and replying to older comments, but I promise I'll be able to get around to it towards the end of this week at the latest!

Be on the lookout for a lot of these things in some upcoming FOTD posts!

What have you guys been loving lately?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dating site Ukraine

Swagbucks

Get Your permanent make-up is not sick